My journey as a spiritual director began in 1989 when I left a career in software engineering and took a sabbatical course in Apostolic Spirituality at St Beuno's in North Wales, a course which included a 30-day silent retreat and workshops in spirituality, spiritual direction and social justice. I joined the Ignatian Spirituality Course in 1990, completing the 2nd and final years. Since that time I have had an increasing practice offering spiritual direction to individuals and groups.
Teaching, Training & Group Facilitation
I have been involved in teaching, training and group facilitation since I left full-time education. I gained a P.G.C.E. at Birmingham University and I taught Chemistry and General Science for 3 years. I was invited to join the Ignatian Spirituality Course as a trainer in 1995. I work there as a trainer, group facilitator, supervisor. I am the leader of the 3rd year. I run courses for NHS professionals on spiritual awareness.
I have used and had fun with computers since university days. I worked as a computer programmer and systems analyst before exploring spirituality and spiritual direction. I now use my computer skills to help individuals and small organisations. Web design and the power of the democracy of web presence interest me especially.
Organisations with which I am affiliated:
- I belong to, and am a beneficiary of, the Annunciation Trust, along with colleagues of mine - Henry & Sylvia Morgan, Paul Booth and Roy Gregory.
- The Retreat Association: an organisation that promotes Christian retreats and publishes a very helpful annual magazine and directory.
- The Ignatian Spirituality Course
- The London Centre for Spirituality
- The Southern Ignatian Network (SIgN)
- The Spiritual Exercises Network (SEN)
- The Association of Pastoral Supervisors and Educators